We often get asked via email what our Guests need to pack for their stay with us at Vuyani Safari Lodge. So, I thought it would be a good idea to give you a general overview of what I think is necessary to pack. I have written this blog before, but since then, we have decided to refine it a bit.
We do not have a dress code at the lodge, and it is all very casual and comfortable.
The first item you should bring along is sunscreen – at least a factor 30, as the African sun is rather harsh all year round.
A comfortable and well fitted hat (as it can easily get blown off on the drives) a baseball cap is ideal
If you forget we sell them at the Lodge
And of course do not forget sunglasses.
- You do NOT want to miss that perfect shot!
- Please ensure that you have plenty of space on your Memory card, or even better bring two or three with you! And if your camera does not work with rechargeable batteries, it is a good idea to stock up. We are about 30 minutes from the nearest shop.
- Binoculars are not a requirement, but it is always nice to have your own pair. We do not supply binoculars.
I would suggest in the clothing department to bring at least one warm outfit with you, regardless of the time of year. A Jacket/Fleece or Jumper and some warm trousers. The weather is extremely unpredictable and can go from a toasty 30 Degrees to a chilly 20 Degrees Celsius overnight!
Some comfortable shoes, if you are planning on doing any activities that involve walking then pack those hiking boots, otherwise Trainers or Sneakers are perfect. Bring some flip flops for lounging around the Lodge and Pool area during the day.
If you are visiting us in winter (May – September) Make sure you pack some VERY warm clothes for the morning and afternoon Safari’s. A woolly hat (Beanie) Scarf and a pair of gloves come in handy on the Open vehicle Safari’s.
At Vuyani Safari Lodge we supply towels in your room, for the pool and amenities such as Shampoo, Conditioner and Hand & Body Wash. These products are Eco Friendly and all Natural. Insect Repellant is provided; however, you are welcome to pack your own. All our rooms are also equipped with Mosquito nets.
Adaptors and Electricity
- Another handy item would be an International Adapter for your electronics. In South Africa we have the three prong round sockets. If you have any devices that require batteries – make sure you buy these before you arrive at the lodge (as mentioned before) We do however sell international adapters at the lodge (Adapters and batteries are readily available at the airport in Johannesburg)
- South Africa standard voltage: 220V/50Hz
All rooms at Vuyani do have:
- Mosquito netting
- Bug repellent spray
At Vuyani Safari Lodge we have a well-stocked First Aid Kit and most of our staff are trained in First Aid, we also have a Medical Rescue professional on 24-hour standby. However,
We cannot by law provide our guests with any medication i.e. Headache tablets, Anti Histamine, eye drop or Malaria Medication. It is also recommended that you visit your GP before travelling to South Africa.
With all these items checked you will have an enhanced and trouble-free Safari experience.